CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Macbook /Crossover / Settings?

Guys once again ! maybe someone solved this problem (maybe stupid example :D but well don't judge me :) )
I'm macbook user and always when I want open client I have to setup new settings / hotkeys / map is disappearing

on first ss settings are ok (always when I open it's open gl ( if i will close with directx and open again directx is staying etc)
:
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/efnjgx.png[/IMG]

second ss :
:< here's coming problem
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/16kvmug.png[/IMG]

Well, here's the thing, I, as advocate, refuse to support people that pirate CrossOver. Putting up a screenshot of your torrent folder with a P2P (warez scene group) release of CrossOver is rather silly. Btw, they released 14.0.3 too.

I saved a copy of that screenshot. It's priceless :)

You either have to admire the gall or laugh at the stupidity of such a screen shot. It's probably the latter.

my bad.

but basically I was using normal one TRIAL
thought it's because it's about trial...so yes I've found this version
i'll buy original if there will be solution

Then download the 14.0.3 trial and use that instead. It's good for 2 weeks, even if it nags you from time to time to buy he full version.

I had it. but it's not answer about my issue
//p2p deleted :P

I still don't fully understand the problem. The PXG client detects that OpenGL is available and uses that. If you set it to DirectX, press the play button then close, it will remember the setting. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Do the same to revert back to OpenGL.

the problem is after that

as u see u have to choose language than I have to set all settings etc
and it's always when I'll close > open client

I think I understand. It does not keep the settings. I did find out why... but not yet how to fix it. In the program's log I found these bits

PXG Client 4.0.0 rev 436 (cd70b1d) built on Feb  3 2015 for arch x86
ERROR: Unable open user writedirectory 'C:\users\silviu\': File not found
ERROR: Write directory is not set
Exiting application..

ERROR: Unable open user writedirectory 'C:\users\silviu\': File not found
ERROR: failed to save OTMM minimap: failed to create file '/minimap.otmm': Write directory is not set
Exiting application..

For some stupid reason it tries to write the config to "c:\users\system_user_name" when it should write to wherever %appdata% points to. In this case "c:\users\crossover\".

I've tried to menage something with bottles (open C: drive), but even I can't find map/settings file..
and it's only example I reckon that's problem about crossover > Ui clients

well I think it's time to give up :) and just leave it

You can create a symlink, as workaround, but you have to use the terminal.

To do this you need to Open the C; drive for the PXG bottle. Type cd (space) then drag and drop the users folder on the terminal window. It will look like "cd /path/to/bottle_name/c:/users". Press Enter and then type ls and it should list two directories one called Public one called crossover. Type ln -s crossover/ user_name where user_name is what you use to log on your machine. Now, if you type ls -l it should list three items one being user_name pointing to crossover/

If you don't mind spending some money (~$40), you could also buy PathFinder and do it all from the menu :)

is there trial or demo version ? I'm not sure is it going to help :)

Yes, a 30 day trial

1 to 14 of 14

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV21tNlZBckVBaGFaS2dwUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9