CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tropico 3 (Steam Version) - Cannot get ALT key to work

I have Steam installed and I've installed Tropico 3 via Steam. The game runs fine, but I started playing through the tutorial, and one part asks you to rotate the camera using either a middle click or and ALT click. Well, obviously a middle-click is out of the question, but I can't get ALT click to work either. I tried using both the command key and the option/alt key. Nothing seems to work.

Based on the Crossover settings, I have the Left Option Key set to "Acts like the Windows 'Alt' key".

In the fine print, it also mentions that "The Command keys always act like the Windows "Alt' key..."

It's just not working for me in this instance. I just don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong; if it's something with Crossover/Wine; or if it's something with the game itself running in the Crossover/Wine environment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaDVVSHU3a1VkM1JKRkF5MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9