CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running Crossover and Wine separately?

I've got what might be a dumb question, but Crossover is separate from Wine, correct?

So I can install Wine, and install other applications directly through Wine separately and Crossover won't be affected? And vice versa?

Thanks

I don't know if it is a stupid question, but it is a highly common question, answered over and over again.

In any case, yes, Wine and Crossover will not interact with one another, except perhaps on file associations, and you can modify that according to what you want.

I appreciate it and apologize for the repeat question. In my defense, I did search for it, but either my search was too vague or I just didn't use the right phrasing because I didn't see anything that specifically mentioned this. And it isn't in the FAQs, at least it isn't in the Mac FAQs.

Thanks for the information.

Meh, don't worry about it, the fact that it is common means this has to be addressed better.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk42NzJHZWhycHBhd0NNVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9