CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2014 Home & Business & El Capitan & 14.1.8

Anybody running this combo and if so is it working. I'm hesitant to upgrade El Capitan until I know Quicken will run.

Thanks,
Tom

I had the same concerns but never got a definitive answer so I gave it a try and installed ElCapitan today and my previous Quicken 2015 HB installation works PERFECT! No worries.(yet).

Well thats good news. Thanks for the info.

Tom,

Running Quicken Deluxe 2015 and updated to El Capitan late last week. Everything appears to be running flawlessly.
Jack

While we don't have separate entries for every edition of Quicken 2015, if you have a moment please drop by the main Quicken 2015 entry [link=https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/quicken-2015][/link] and submit a rating for how you feel the program runs in Crossover. You can comment on the rating what edition of Quicken you're using too.

Thanks!

I'm running Quicken 2004 on El Capitan pretty well, using Crossover 13.2
The only persistent issue I encounter is that scrolling up or down in register windows with the mouse or trackpad doesn't work properly; any attempt to scroll goes out of control and only goes up....!
Occasionally I have other minor glitches, but that is the only one that really needs a fix.
I would be interested to know if Quicken 2004 will run without this glitch in the latest version on El Capitan .

Jon Lodge wrote:

I would be interested to know if Quicken 2004 will run without this
glitch in the latest version on El Capitan .

We've fixed the scrolling issue in Crossover Mac 14.x, but it doesn't seem to help with some older programs like Quicken 2004. I recently had a ticket with this issue and suggested setting the registry key https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/registry_keys and the key you'll want to add is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Mac Driver. Then in that key add a key named "UsePreciseScrolling" and set its value to "n".

However it didn't help the problem in Quicken 2004, but then we haven't bugfixed Quicken 2004 this decade. The issue doesn't happen in Quicken 2013 and later though.

with regard to trackpad/crashing/scrolling issues in some apps in crossover 15.1: i found that switching the bottle settings to "use legacy x windows" solved a problem ( mathcad 2000 pro ) where the scrollbar endlessly oscillated uncontrollably whenever you used a 2-finger scroll on a macbook trackpad.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ2ZWV3FGWDluZnZwRkJlRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9