CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Steam game.

Hello. I need some help installing a game on Steam.

I installed Elder Scrolls V Skyrim with CrossOver, which also installed Steam during the process. This is the only bottle that I have at the moment on CrossOver

Now I want to install Tomb Raider Legend, and see if it runs well.

I was wondering about the installation procedure.

Should I launch Steam on CrossOver, and install Tomb Raider Legend? Or do I have to install another bottle for Steam, and then install Tomb Raider Legend?

Thanks in advance.

most games should work if you launch Steam from crossover while others may not ... e.g. to run Alan Wake I had to create a different bottle as it didn't work when I installed it on the Steam bottle created for another application .. In an ideal scenario, installing the app directly from the Steam bottle should work. But if not, my suggestion would be to create a new bottle if the app you want to install has a cross tie as the cross tie has been created and tested by crossover staffs or community members for compatibility and the crosstie also installs the dependencies (e.g. vc++, msxml 4.0) needed to run the app. I hope it answers your questions.

P.S. I just checked the database and found out that Tomb Raider Legend doesn't include a Crosstie installer. So, your only option is to install it from your Steam bottle. But don't worry as it runs great even with manual install. So, best of luck :)

Hello. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidUNyNVE3bmM1Nm5XeDJ4SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9