CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

El Capitan - Steam - FF7 - Crash at Start

Hi all,

I've just signed up to Crossover and downloaded FF7 on Steam.
Everything seemed easy enough without any issues.

Ran the game for the first time, sound is fine, graphics initially appear to be fine.
Once first cutscene starts, picture cuts out, sound still ongoing but black screen with a forced exit the only way out.

No idea what the issue is, however it might be worth noting that every time I load up FF7 to try again, it performs the first time set up and attempts to install Windows Direct X before loading.

I'm not a computer genius by any means, so any help would be appreciated!

I'm on a late '13 Macbook Pro.

Thanks

Could you try to reinstall the game? Could be something to do with corrupted files. Reinstall the game by right clicking the game in steam and pressing delete local content. Then try and reinstall it by pressing install. Report back after. Hope this helps! 😀

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicjZaUVhSTGZibWg3TU1RcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9