CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

A few bottles stuck scanning for dependencies

I have a few bottles in CrossOver Mac 15.1.0 that have been scanning for dependencies for over 10 hours. Any idea how to force a restart of the scan that is stuck?

OS X 10.11.4

I have the same problem. I have contacted the technical support. I will give an update after they provide a solution.

I want to give an update about this scanning issue. I found out that after updating OS X to 10.11.5 and deleting all the bottles, the scanning issue was fixed. I could create new bottles without the scanning issue.

Well, the scanning issue came up again. I think this issue needs to be given a high priority. If this issue occurs on your mac, then you cannot install anything new on CrossOver Mac. The bottle's Control Panels is blank, so you cannot change the configurations. Anything installed prior to the scanning issue will continue to work fine, but you cannot access the bottle's Control Panels.

Yep same issue, bottles stuck in scanning can't install programs and no control panel for the bottle, I am also one OS X 10.11.5 this issue has been with me since before I updated to 10.11. I have left Crossover open for more than a day. Not all my bottles are stuck (a few are not stuck)

I found a solution to the scanning issue: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;msg=188288

I deleted Z: drive mapping before. That appears to be causing the scanning issue. You may want to check that.

I know the issue goes back to around Crossover 9 (when I first had the issue)

How do you add back the Z: drive (do I have to do it to every bottle that is not working?)

Launch Crossover, click the Bottles button to show all bottle, select a bottle and under Control Panels open Wine Config. Go to the Drives tab and click Add>Z: and it should be created mapped to /

You'll need to do this for every bottle that's had Z: deleted.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Launch Crossover, click the Bottles button to show all bottle,
select a bottle and under Control Panels open Wine Config. Go to the
Drives tab and click Add>Z: and it should be created mapped to /

You'll need to do this for every bottle that's had Z: deleted.

That's the bug I hit as there is no Control Panels to then open Wine Config as the bottle is stuck scanning

Know if I can edit a few files to get the z: back?

You can open Terminal.app from /Applications/Utilities and type:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<name of your bottle>/dosdevices
ln -s / z:
ls -l

the "ls -l" should give you a list of the drives in the bottle in question. If you see z: pointing to /, then you have fixed that bottle and can move to the next one.

<name of your bottle> above will need spaces escaped with backslashes. Alternately you can put the entire argument to "cd" in quotes. A tip is that you can hit 'tab' to do filename completion at any stage, so once you are in the Library/Application Support/CrossOver directory, you can hit tab to see the bottle names, then type just enough of the name so that you have entered a unique prefix of one of the bottles and pressing 'tab' will auto-complete the filename for you (along with backslash-escapes for the spaces, if needed).

What if I have about 7 bottles like this? (I have been wondering about a fix since around Crossover 9.x, I did ask support over the years)
Will there be a tool to check on the bottles and repair the Z if needed?

Josh DuBois wrote:

You can open Terminal.app from /Applications/Utilities and type:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<name of your
bottle>/dosdevices
ln -s / z:
ls -l

the "ls -l" should give you a list of the drives in the bottle in
question. If you see z: pointing to /, then you have fixed that
bottle and can move to the next one.

<name of your bottle> above will need spaces escaped with
backslashes. Alternately you can put the entire argument to "cd" in
quotes. A tip is that you can hit 'tab' to do filename completion
at any stage, so once you are in the Library/Application
Support/CrossOver directory, you can hit tab to see the bottle
names, then type just enough of the name so that you have entered a
unique prefix of one of the bottles and pressing 'tab' will
auto-complete the filename for you (along with backslash-escapes for
the spaces, if needed).

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjZMTkE3TDNIekJlVjJSayIsImdkcHIiOjB9