CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Enterprise Architect secondary popup windows open off of visible desktop

Hello --

Mac OSX 10.11.15
CrossOver 15.1
EnterpriseArchitect 12.1

In many cases when EA opens up a property window or some other secondary popup the secondary window is opened off of the visible desktop. Using MissionControl I can see the secondary window displayed to the far opposite side of the desktop, but it appears that CrossOver thinks the desktop extends horizontally much further than actually fits on the screen.

With much juggling of the EA application across desktops I can eventually coerce EA to open the secondary popup window within sight, but a only for that particular window. The next incursion into a popupo window situation with EA generally results in the same unreachable window state.

I'm not sure where the issues lies: whether it be with CrossOver thinking the desktop display is in some other resolution or the dimensions of the desktop are not being interpreted correctly, etc. I don't run any other application under CrossOver so I really have nothing else to guage its behaviour with. I don't recall this being an issue with prior versions of CrossOver + EnterpriseArchitect.

If there are any ideas as to how I might redefine the desktop dimensions to CrossOver such that running EA under it's guise restrict themselves to just the desktop and not some invisible portion of the desktop that I cannot reach, that'd be great.

Questions/comments welcome. Thanks.

=bwh=

In System Preferences under the Mission Control panel try checking Group windows by application and then all the windows created by Crossover should appear in the same window.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

In System Preferences under the Mission Control panel try checking
Group windows by application and then all the windows created by
Crossover should appear in the same window.

Thanks for the response! Although this settting was already in place, what I have been able to do is unset the 'Displays have separate Spaces' setting also on the Mission Control panel. EA under CrossOver now opens secondary popup windows within view, but of course now I only have a single space across my displays which is not desirable, but tolerable.

Thanks again, and thank you for CrossOver. It takes many of the complexities of wine and packages them up quite nicely!

=bwh=

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmgyc0hkOTdlZDl6QWJjeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9