CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

unable to install Battlefield Vietnam:

I have the original disk for Battlefield Vietnam with the valid code. Trying to install on 2012 iMac, using Crossover (purchased, valid version). I am able to get pretty far, it downloads ActiveX and then gets to the game installer where I input the the unlock code from the disk. Then right after that I get an error:

Unhandled Exception
Description: Dll funciona call crashed:
INSTALLKITEXTRAS.DXVersion
Setup will now terminate.

I am not installing anything extra, just the base game. (btw I did successfully install and play World of Warcraft, so I would expect BFVietnam to install as well.) BFVietnam is a known app, and apparently it has a positive rating from other users who say it works fine for them.

Any ideas what this error is about and why I'm not able to install this game? Much appreciated.

(this is one of the main reasons I got CrossOver, so if I can't get it to work I'll prob just cancel my CrossOver membership, waste of money).

Unfortunately, the disk version does not work (yet): https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/battlefield-vietnam

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzZBM1FmeVNma25GZjR5OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9