CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft OneNote 2013 cannot start : "Need to install Desktop Experience"

I've installed the Microsoft Office 2013 Professional suite but cannot get OneNote to start. An error message appears requesting that the Windows 7 Desktop Experience Feature be installed, but there's no option to add this feature in the CrossOver 16.0 Control Panel. I cannot add this feature separately via a CrossOver Tie either since it's not available.

Has anyone found a solution here?

Still noting the same issue with the latest version of CrossOver released yesterday (16.1.0). The Wine Version appears to be identical to that of the previous release (1.9.21).

I just did a fresh install with Office 2013. I get the same error you get. I will have to think for a while how to get the desktop experience to work.

Unfortunately, just chiming in to say that I have the same problem on cub Linux. Since I am a raw beginner, I'm curious for any help that might be provided.

Still not working with the latest version of CrossOver released today (16.2.0)

Same issue trying to install Onenote 2016 with CrossOver 17 for linux. Tested with Ubuntu 17.10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU2Y1NnU2cU1mZldVYW1MbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9