CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Microsoft Visio 2013 cannot open *.vsdx files (Visio 2013 and later format)

I've successfully installed Microsoft Visio 2013 Professional as part of the Office 2013 suite, but whenever attempting to open a .vsdx (Visio 2013 and later format) diagram, the application claims that the file is corrupt! If I open a .vsd (Visio 2010 and earlier format) diagram the, which is compatible, and then save it as a Visio 2013-formatted diagram (*.vsdx), the file is successfully converted and saved but again cannot be opened! This also applies to any Visio 2013 or later stencil and template formats! Does anyone have a solution for this issue? If not, Visio 2013 in CrossOver is useless to me, since the sole reason I've installed it is to support the more recent diagram extensions. Otherwise I can stick with Visio 2010 just fine, especially since I prefer its desktop style (black) much more than the default white or grey styles in the 2013 version.

This is a known bug with CrossOver running Visio 2013. We have a fix for this issue internally, however, it has not yet made it into a release. This issue (which is fixed in-house) plus one other (which is not yet fixed) are the main blockers that we know of to making Visio 2013 truly usable with CrossOver.

I am hopeful they will both be fixed in an upcoming release soon. We will certainly announce when they are.

Still noting the same issue with the latest version of CrossOver released yesterday (16.1.0). The Wine Version appears to be identical to that of the previous release (1.9.21).

Is there a bug number for this so we can contact support and ask we are added to? That way we can ensure we are notified when it is fixed. Thanks.

The newest version of CrossOver can now successfully open .vsdx files.

Thank you

Geoffrey,

Did you do that with Visio 2013 or 2016?

raza

Visio 2013, which I have since lost, and I haven't been able to restore. I tried a clean installation of MS Office 2013 (retail) in a new Bottle with CrossOver 16.2.0 but couldn't get the suite to activate! I kept getting an error message that activation couldn't be completed online because something went wrong.

I've never been able to install Office 2016 in CrossOver, with the Click to Run setup application simply failing to load. I'd love to be able to get Office 2016 working someday but am currently running that suite in VMware Fusion, which of course takes up more resources and battery life.

Cheers

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmRHQ3RTN2VWU1lxVTczRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9