CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Better error handling of 64bit program in 32bit Bottle

When you run a 64bit Windows program in a 32bit bottle you get an ominous looking error dialog (small square with incomplete windows bar (probably Error something but you can only see "E...) and the dialog only shows a square and the "ok" button.
Hitting ok, will show the command result that the exe returned 1 and
Command error text:
winewrapper.exe:error: cannot start L"Z:\Volumes\Macintosh HD\Users\some64bit.EXE" (error 11)

On a 32bit Windows Explorer will actually speculate that it is a 64bit program in the error message.
Could this be adapted for Crossover? (or Wine? but it has been ages since I dabbled in compiling Wine and my experiences with the Wine bugtracker doesn't make me want to go there again)
Or is it even feasible for Crossover/Wine to see the 64bit reason for this error?

It sounds feasible to me, so I added it to our internal bug tracker. We hadn't put much thought into this case. Thank you for bringing it up.

Thanks! It was quite confusing when a program didn't run and the error message didn't make much sense. I think I redownloaded it three times to make sure that the download wasn't corrupt :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidWhya0tIQUY2UXhtYW5SUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9