CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Red Alert 3 via Steam doesn't run - have this error

I have the latest version of Cross Over so steam works fine. I installed RA3 and installed the Bottle so it shows up as an application. When it runs, steam just says "preparing to run" but the logs show this error

"C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/Programs/Steam/Command and Conquer Red Alert 3.url" --cx-log -'
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33e500 0x0): stub
fixme:process:ProcessIdToSessionId Unsupported for other processes.

Any ideas what's wrong? RA3 via Steam shows as a supported game.

thanks

Hi Craig,
I tried running the Demo version of Red Alert 3 and it works fine. The only error i encountered was that it was running because I was abit impatient and clicked a couple times while preparing in Steam. It eventually opened and was able to play. There may be an issue with the full version but thats just an assumption.

Thanks Ryan - it must have been a random glitch, after restarting everything the game suddenly loaded and we're off! :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGZhOHYyYTlXVGhuZkJkaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9