CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

wine32on64 running >100% CPU + application freeze

Hello,

I am unlucky with buying the MacBook Air 2020 which can't be downgraded from pre-installed Catalina (10.15.4) to a 32bit supporting OSX. Until recently I was using wine (wine-stable 5.0) to run a particular language learning software (Demoversion). Of course on the MBA that's history so therefore I came to CrossOver (19.0.1) and were successfully installing the software. But the program freezes as soon as it's window opens 9/10 times and the wine32on64-preloader goes crazy above 100% CPU consumption while the program completely freezes and has to be terminated through 'Force Quit'. I tried all available types of Bottles, tinkered with some of the available graphics settings. I assume the problem is caused by the implementation of audio, because in those cases, when the program starts properly, as soon as I try to calibrate the (MBA internal) microphone in the program, it freezes again.

Since the program works in open source wine in OSX <10.15., I think it must work in CrossOver as well. Any hints for troubleshooting would be highly appreciated!

I have the same with Falcon BMS. There seems to be an audio issue that crashes or hangs the process. Like it is waiting for some resource to free up or it runs out of a resource. It seems time bound and not specific to an action. I can do different things and it will crash in about a minute no matter what .

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3VRNmRjcFN6dXZzU1NaeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9