CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Macbook M1, Insufficient memory when running Sequator

Macbook M1 8gb 256gb, big sur 11.2.1
crossover Version 20.0.4 (20.0.4.33197) trail

Hello I’m trying to use sequator from https://sites.google.com/site/sequatorglobal/ with this demoset here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s8r0PQ_AGLIItokT_0vJI11j9P3kq6YY/view?usp=sharing
It’s quite big 327mb but I have already removed 10 of the images. If anyone is interested to test there is a project file that can be opened and then click start. I installed sequator with the command methode https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/run_only

Sadly I get this out of memory messages.
Computing and integrating ... Insufficient memory!
It’s not a crossover crash but a warning in sequator, and the stitching is stopped, but the program is still responsive. As far as I can see from Activity Monitor the memory usage looks not that bad. Here is a screenshot just before the crash.

Any suggestions?

Screenshoot

Insufficient memory
Just before crash

Same problem, did you find a solution? Trying under Monterey Beta 5, M1 MacBook Pro.

Processing stops at
Computing and integrating ... Insufficient memory!

It works in the most recent version of wine!

Jens_ wrote:

It works in the most recent version of wine!

I'm sorry, I think it stopped working or I was only lucky once :/

Do you need the FCP or iMovie app open at the same time? I get multitasking, but I don't see where both apps open at once provides any gains.
I had a intel iMac 2017 21.5" with 32GB ram and never ran out of memory. Now have a M1 iMac with 8/8/16Gb Ram and constantly getting low memory errors. So the low memory warnings you are seeing - are they native MacOS warnings? If yes, I believe it would be more lilely a Monterey beta error.

No, the error message is directly in Sequator, not MacOs and not wine.

But I was lucky with wine 6.19 and got a Timelapse with 200 raw files working. Although, the disk writes are really high with 500 GB - maybe that's a part of the problem.

Hi all,

I took a look into this to see if I could recreate the insufficient memory issues, but I was unable to reproduce this issue within Sequator. Using the files provided I was able to output the image from the project file. I used a Windows 10 64-bit bottle for my testing.

M1 Pro on Monterey 12.0
Crossover 21.1
Crossover 21
Crossover 20.0.4

Intel Macbook on Big Sur 11.6.1
Crossover 21.1
Crossover 20.0.4

Please respond if you are still having these issues, and the exact steps we can take to reproduce them.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWJTVExzRWt5S0NXcmdBWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9