CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Grand Theft Auto V - Keyboard freezing bug and Wine fix

I am attempting to play GTA V via CrossOver on M1 Mac.

I believe I am experiencing an issue where when loading Story Mode, pressing any key will cause a 4 second lag, which goes back to normal until any other keyboard key is pressed. Keyboard works fine in the menu.

I believe this issue is identical to the one described here: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43102
Within this thread there is a fix relating to keyboard.c fine as part of Wine: https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=58475&action=diff

Is there a way of integrating this fix (even if it is just for this bottle/game) into CrossOver?

As I understand it, it disables the keys VK_LEMNU and VK_RETURN

Hi there,

This patch was removed from wine-staging because it broke other games, so we won't be applying it to CrossOver either.

Best,
Meredith

Hi,

I thought to build the dinput.dll with the patch and resolve this bug manually on any bottle we wish.

I ended up building whole crossover from source code on a Mac Machine. The compiled version generated dinput and some other dlls with .dll.so extension.

How can we get the .dll extension for all dlls?

P.S.:This is my second day with crossover/wine, so please don't mind if it is a silly question.

Thanks,
Anshuman Stutya
Github Repo

Currently dinput is in two parts, the stub dinput.dll and the Unix dinput.dll.so.

You can’t replace the files within CrossOver without breaking the code-signing/notarization.

Technically you can compile some wine dlls are pure PE binaries but I’m not sure how that would work out for dinput in particular, I’d considered doing this but was advised to not waste me time.

CrossOver Forum: where to discuss running Windows apps on Mac and Linux
gta 5 apk

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibThhRlJmbjI1c3J3eG5KdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9