CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game is crashing on launch, please help!

Assetto Corsa isn't launching neither through crossover nor through steam. I click on it and nothing happens.

here is the log file: https://pastebin.com/wPxgvCVN

Please help me out. I''ve installed steams with the default steam bottler and downloaded DXVK and DirectX for modern games in the steam bottle.

Using an 16" MacBook M1 Max

Found this online:
https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Assetto_Corsa
Playable on Crossover 21. Steam installed in a Windows 7 64 bit bottle with .NET Framework 4.5.2 and the option "DXVK support for D3D11" selected in the bottle right-click menu > "Options". AC launcher crashes sometimes (disabling "GPU-accelerated game launcher" in the Options on the launcher prevents this issue). acs.exe (the simulator itself) runs perfectly smooth, 60-70fps @1080p. XBOX One Wireless controller works fine, but rumble doesn´t work. [1]

I managed to start the game and a race, and it works fine once you are racing. There are some issues with the menu though before you start a race. It is very slow and large sections randomly become invisible or blanked out.

I don't know if you have the same issue as me.. but I occasionally have had the problem of my crossover crashing on startup. I figured out that if opened the file "crossover.conf" saved it and closed it it suddenly started working again.

On my Mac, the crossover.conf file is located here:
~/Library/Application Support/Crossover

Just open the file for edit. Save it. Then close the file.

All is well after that.
I think this must be something to do with the file being left open after crossover closing, etc.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFVOdk5HbUgzOE1wTWhYWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9