CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover v21 on a M1 Max running 12.0.1

I see posts that CO is working on M1 macs. I downloaded it, unzipped and the installer wont launch for me. Getting the yellow triangle exclamation with the "CrossOver quit unexpectedly". If I run it from the terminal manually I get a rosetta error.

Anyone have this running on the new M1 macs?

Thanks,
M

Not sure what you're doing, but CrossOver of course works on M1 Macs. Maybe you're running a modified version of MacOS? A beta? Or do you have any antivirus programs installed? I highly suggest you uninstall these, as they do more harm than good. Do you run CleanMyMac or other "helpers" on a regular basis? I also highly recommend to never install programs like these, as, again, they do more harm than good.

Hi there Crossover 21 on M1 is fully functional (i'm under Monterey 12.0.1), you should re-download the trial version (in case you didn't bought it yet) from the following link:

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover/download

Once downloaded check the "gatekeeper" , maybe is just MacOs blocking your app install as its not a verified download (from App Store), check the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Im getting exact same problem with my 14inch M1 Pro Max.

Tried as sugested but doesnt work.

HI Rick,

What did you "try as suggested"? Can you confirm that you are not running antivirus or CleanMyMac?

Best,
Meredith

Are you sure it ain't MacOs Gatekeeper?? Being a third party app it shouldn't allow you to run it at first but once approved it should run without any issues.

Run it, go to System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General. Click the lock and enter your password to make changes. And allow it to run.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia1JNSkVxR0NQdlVKUHROQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9