CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac Mouse scrolling doesn't work in Quicken

Some years ago, I switched to Crossover from using VMWare's Fusion solely to run the final UK version of Quicken (2004) on an iMac and various MacBooks. Everything works pretty well except for one particular problem with mouse scrolling. Having just installed Crossover 21 on Macs running both Big Sur and Catalina, yet again the problem remains. I tried to report it to support at one time and got nowhere, but am I the only person who is frustrated by a complete inability to use the scrolling feature on a Mac mouse when running Quicken?

Whenever you try to scroll through, for example, a Quicken Register, the scrolling only ever operates in one way. No matter which way you ask it to scroll, the register entries only ever move back up the list. You can left click in the Quicken scroll bar itself and things move up or down as requested, but finger-based scrolling on the surface of the mouse just does not work.

Is this a known problem and/or is there a solution lurking out there that I should know about?

Thanks in anticipation.

Macbook Pro 2014 with macOS High Sierra and USB mouse.
CrossOver 20.1 updated today.
Quicken 2008 (US version for windows) just installed (bottle Windows 2000) to reproduce bug you've reported. Recorded some new transactions in Registar.

No issues - scrolling works fine.

Hi Marek,
Thanks for checking that out. Whilst I am a bit disappointed that everything works fine for you, I am not entirely surprised, Trouble is with so many variables between your set-up and mine it's difficult to know what, if anything, that proves. Certainly I have the same problem here on both an iMac and a MacBook Air, running Crossover 21.1 with Quicken UK 2004 and that situation has been the same since I first installed Crossover back in 2018.

I think if it were purely a Crossover issue, the problem would be more widespread. So I feel it must be something specific to do with the my Quicken UK version under Crossover, although I have no idea how it could be responsible for such a problem. I would happily move to a more recent Quicken product, if anything was available, but unfortunately not. Since I haven't had Windows native now for almost 10 years, it's impossible to go back to the base software and then migrate forward from there. Guess I'll just have to live with it, if I want to access the almost 20 years of Quicken data that I have in the system.

Anyway, anyone else has any view on what the problem is, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Interestingly for anyone else reading this thread, I just found a post on a Windows Forum, which reported exactly the same problem with Quicken (UK) 2004 running native on both Windows 7 and 10. Since I had previously been running Quicken 98 (I think) on a virtual WinXP machine in Fusion, I did not encounter the problem until I migrated to Crossover, at which time I upgraded to Quicken 2004.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmtWQUZMVjVnNXM0TXNUayIsImdkcHIiOjB9