CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Everquest II - Freezing

CrossOver 21.1.0
Monterey 12.0.1
14" M1 Max 64gb Macbook Pro

Hello friends, I have been trying to get Everquest II to run stable on my new Macbook. I have tried different bottle variations, DirectX versions, different CrossOver settings etc and even with the in game graphics settings set to the absolute lowest possible, the game is experiencing a lot of freezing.

When the game freezes it often does not include an error message, however I have received the following error message several times during freezing.

“Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must be shut down <verify> g:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\directx9renderdevice.cpp (15799): 000cd3d87 01401274”

The freezing can be re-produced consistently by running around certain city areas which appear to be more taxing on the computer.

When the game isn't freezing, it appears to run very well even on higher graphics settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best method of installing Everquest II through CrossOver and configuring it to run stable on my computer? (Recommended Windows version, DirectX version, general CrossOver or Mac OS settings, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

feels like dx9 is the problem here, and its common with old dated games unfortunately.

I improved a bit adding a few keys under regedit:

|HKEY CURRENT USER
+-Software
+-Wine
+-Direct3D

Then add:

+->VideoMemorySize (REG SZ)
| | [Set the amount of reported video memory (in megabytes). B
Allocating the requirement of VRAM needed for the game (in your case its less than 1gb of vram you can specify more)

+->CheckFloatConstants (DWORD VALUE 1)
Enabling this has a small performance some times

+->MultisampleTextures (DWORD VALUE 0)
I found some performance Disabling this, by default is enable so try it

+->SampleCount (DWORD VALUE 1)

Is a bit of trial an error with each game you try

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickUyVHZHejhScDR4bUZ2cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9