CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't open apps on a specific macOS installation. Probable mess with other wine versions. Any fix?

I can't open any app via Crossover 21, where they works perfectly on other systems. It is just one macOS installation that gives me problems.

I am quite sure it is due to having abused a lot of Wine variations, WineHQ, WineBottler etc. My guess it is that it's having problems with the prefixes or some other wine folder, but I can't find the solution.

Any thoughts?

In this case I would start from scratch. Really. As long as you haven't messed with the bottles, you can keep them. If you did mess with them, I would recreate them as well. If you didn't mess with the installed programs, I would keep those. Otherwise... well, you know what to do.

It's for the better, and much quicker than searching days for the solution.

Thanks for your time. Could you be more specific about start from scratch? Do you mean reinstall the whole OS and install just crossover and import the bottle?

The current legacy Winehq package nor my WIP Winehq packages available via brew shouldn’t interfere with CrossOver

Winebottler is a dead project that doesn’t work past Mojave so not sure how that could cause any issues.

PortingKit/Wineskin are more self contained to the point that basically everything is within the app bundle.

Do you happen to have an Intel copy of brew installed (/usr/local) that’s the only possible issue I can come up with bar some stuck wine process.

No need to re-install your OS, if that isn't broken. ;)

I just meant deleting CrossOver completely, deleting it's preferences with it, and then re-install it again. Maybe you should even download a new copy, just in case your install somehow got corrupted.

Hi there,

What error messages are you getting? What macOS version is this? And do you have anti-virus running?

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHV4Tlplc3ZLQVlTcm1TRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9