CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

X11 mode or disabling ClientSideGraphics?

Hi everyone, i'm not sure if i missed it or something but i would want help.
I have Dassault Systemes CATIA working just fine with CrossOver on Nvidia or Intel GPUs on macOS Big Sur and macOS Catalina or on Linux with wine running on x11 but it has a black screen issue on M1's GPU on macOS Monterey.
One thing that helped on linux with Wine was disabling ClientSideGraphics. But that thing requires wine to use x11 driver instead of the mac driver and my quick question is, is it possible to get CrossOver running on the x11 mode or to disable the Dib engine for the Mac driver? But even then i'm not that sure if it would help since it works just fine on GTX 650 or on HD 3000 GPUs.

Open a support ticket as you’ve already said this only happens on M1 GPUs.

CrossOver for Mac doesn’t get built with winex11.drv (not trunking for 32on64 support), for CrossOver to support winex11.drv on Mac would require CodeWeavers to implement the required trunking then also ship there own copy of X11.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEI1bkZzMlpnc1lUaG52TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9