CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Deus Ex + Mac M1 Has Low FPS and Black Screen Issues

I am using the trial version of CrossOver. I just updated to the recently released version.

I am playing Deus Ex GOTY Edition via Steam - with the preferred defaults it launches into a black screen with the menu music playing. Using Command-Q to quit isn't possible, so you have to Command-Tab to the macOS desktop to quit it.

Upon relaunching the game in safe mode, it works. The FPS when entering even mildly complex scenes hits 0 before recovering to a choppy 3-5 FPS.

In training, there were many sections where it would hit 0 FPS and then experience choppiness. Once 'complex' objects weren't being looked at and going around corners to reveal new content didn't happen as much, the FPS would shoot back to 30-60+ (very smooth).

Playing the first level hit 0 fps almost out of the gate. I didn't feel like it was going to be fun, so I stopped playing to report the issue here on the forums.

The last configuration detail I tracked down for the black screen bit (and maybe the performance issue too, can't confirm) was the 16-bit or 32-bit textures setting. It only works with 16 bit. Once you set it to 32 bit, it blacks the screen out.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiek1NYlEzeXp6YjNOVjdrOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9