CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ongoing support for Mojave and older OS releases

Currently it seems Crossover 21.2 still supports Mojave on my 2010 Mac Pro. 😎

Now the question is how long will this continue to be true? Having an older Intel Mac makes it much easier to run (and test/compare) old vintage 32-bit games, as well as the occasional app. And of course it is far easier to upgrade than say a new Mac mini (currently rocking a Vega 56.)

So the crux of the question what are Codeweavers' plans for supporting older hardware and versions of MacOS going forward? Do I have to drop major coin on a new Mac to be able to run Windows software in the future?

I realize legacy platforms can only be supported for so long, but I also need to know if support will be dropped so I can plan (and budget!) accordingly.

Hi Eric,

We try our best to maintain support for older macOS versions for as long as possible. We only drop support when we really need to (e.g. maintaining support for older macOS versions is preventing us from being able to be able to add features or fully support newer macOS versions).

At this point, we are planning on maintaining High Sierra and Mojave support for CrossOver 22. I will say that we're reaching the point where maintaining that support is making things more difficult and we're needing to make compromises on our end, so there is the possibility our support of those macOS versions might not extend much past 22. I can't give you anything more definite since again, we will try to keep supporting those versions and I can't predict what what roadblocks we will encounter in the future.

Best,
Meredith

APPLE in its infinite wisdom dropped support for ADOBE past Mojave and thus to use the several hundred dollar version of Photoshop CS6 that I use often I MUST stay at MOJAVE. or upgrade MAC's OS and PAY a MONTHLY subscription for a program I already purchased.

This is part of the problem. It is not that I do not WANT to upgrade MAC OS, although the NEW social media crud crossplatform stuff is of little to no use to me, APPLE forces me to stay with MOJAVE or PAY to use ADOBE monthly.

Stephen Caldwell wrote:

APPLE in its infinite wisdom dropped support for ADOBE past Mojave and thus to use the several hundred dollar version of Photoshop CS6 that I use often I MUST stay at MOJAVE. or upgrade MAC's OS and PAY a MONTHLY subscription for a program I already purchased.

This is part of the problem. It is not that I do not WANT to upgrade MAC OS, although the NEW social media crud crossplatform stuff is of little to no use to me, APPLE forces me to stay with MOJAVE or PAY to use ADOBE monthly.

Not sure why it’s Apples fault that Adobe still shipped i386 compiled software for years when the default for Apples IDE has been x86_64 since OS X Lion (10.7)

They’ve been warning everyone for years of this, macOS High Sierra would warn on first launch of i386 software where macOS Mojave warns every single month and it’s default toolchain didn’t provide i386 tbd files/headers in the shipped SDK

If you want to continue to use an outdated version of macOS then you’d be better simply using upstream wine where I’m providing packages that still support 10.13 and later, however you’ll need to fix your own expired certs.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUkh3bTlwTGVxcGNVUHMzOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9