CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DXVK Backend for D3D11 keeps resetting to disabled

Hi there,

since the update to the newest Crossover Version 21.2 (21.2.0.33926) my Bottle settings keeps reverting back. This only happens to the DXVK settings. I activated it, updated DXVK dll's in the bottle folder to the newest version and played a game without issues. But when I quit Crossover and start it again, the DXVK setting is disabled again.

Any ideas why this is?

Chris

Hi Christian,

Changing your DXVK version on CrossOver Mac is completely unsupported. If this happened to work well at some point, that was purely accidental and not intentional behavior on our part.

Best,
Meredith

Hi Chris,

As Meredith shared, this is official unsupported. BUT, while Crossover UI will shows that DXVK is disabled, the reality is that DXVK is enabled using the new version of the dlls you manually copied over. But if you reenable DXVK again via the Crossover UI, I believe it would overwrite the dlls you updated with the official supported version that comes with Crossover.

Christian Soyk wrote:

Hi there,

since the update to the newest Crossover Version 21.2 (21.2.0.33926) my Bottle settings keeps reverting back. This only happens to the DXVK settings. I activated it, updated DXVK dll's in the bottle folder to the newest version and played a game without issues. But when I quit Crossover and start it again, the DXVK setting is disabled again.

Any ideas why this is?

Chris

Thanks for the answers and the notch that due to me updating it manually it is still activated but not showing as such.

BW
Chris

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEVUa1hHR05xR1hHWFRadyIsImdkcHIiOjB9