CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CH341a USB driver

Hi,

I got a M1 Pro Macbook Pro. I wanted to install the CH341a driver. It executes the program like it should be. But it is not showing the USB controller. Saying it is not connected.
I think it needs the USB driver, but I have no clue how to make this work, I am no IT guy. Just need it to read an EEPROM, also Parallels is giving me headaches with this.

Hi,

as far as I know and understand, it's not possible to use (windows) drivers via CrossOver on Mac because CrossOver is a user space program which doesn't have anything to do with the MacOS kernel.
I think with Parallels it should work with if you use the native driver and forward it via Parallels configuration but I am not sure. Even if that will maybe work technically it would create you much headache because of possible latency problems.

The CH340/CH341a should work out of the box on MacOS giving you a virtual device at /dev/tty. or /dev/cu. but I am not sure. There is a driver at http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_MAC_ZIP.html but I don't speak that language.

Sorry that I have to say that - I think it would not work what you are trying to do.

Maybe this is a help: https://kb.parallels.com/6318

Greetings
Björn

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0VjYW5nSGtTcHM3QlkycSIsImdkcHIiOjB9