CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

worse performance with 21.2

Hello.
I just updated from 21.1 to 21.2 (I'm on mac by the way) and on every app I tried it has become more staggering and laggy. I tried The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Sekiro and NieR Automata.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue or if it was just me. Also can I keep my bottles from the previous version or should I remake them ?
Thanks in advance
Riki

MoltenVK and DXVK haven’t changed in this point release so I don’t see how the majority of those games would be affected.

The only game I could possibly see any changes would be NieR Automata as that only really works with WineD3D Vulkan backend from when I’ve seen.

Thanks for the reply. It's true that the most significant downgrade was with NieR. It's nearly unplayable now. Do you know any way to fix it. Strange for the other games... The changes are minor and they are still playable, but it was still there...

I’d open a support ticket to report the issue with NieR Automata as that sounds like a rathe major regression.

You could downgrade back to CX21.1 under your account you should have access to the older versions you have a license for or simply grab a “demo” from https://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/cxmac/demo/ and just login when requested to active your license.

I'll do that. Thanks a lot !

Update: I reinstalled version 21.1, it works just like it did. I posted the ticket anyway. Thank you so much for you help

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUVrVFZTRlZlS1ZmTVlUYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9