CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Resolution Issue when using crossover on Steam

I have just downloaded Crossover on my m1 13" Macbook Pro as I wanted to be able to play steam games that are cannot run on Mac OS normally. When I boot up steam through Crossover the resolution is slightly lower than that of the Steam I had installed on my Mac already.
Crossover's Version
Default Mac Steam

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Hi Hayden,

I'm not surprised that there are small differences between the two, considering one is a native Mac app and one is a Windows app. Is this causing any functional issues for you?

Best,
Meredith

I dont believe so though I am unable to play Persona 4, I believe that has to do with other things like directx11 and such. But I believe my games would have a lowered resolution as well would they not?

Hello. If your game is really unplayable this way, you can still play Persona 4 through PCSX2. It won't be the Golden version though?

Hayden wrote:

I dont believe so though I am unable to play Persona 4, I believe that has to do with other things like directx11 and such. But I believe my games would have a lowered resolution as well would they not?

The Steam client resolution wouldn't have any effect on the resolution of games launched through Steam - every game has its own resolution defaults, and game resolutions can also be changed.

Best,
Meredith

I'm fine with the diminished resolution, but the minor scrolling issue on the game library in the client bothers me just a bit more. That's the price you pay though.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNm05YUVMNDViWDZNTGVFUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9