CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Install Issues

When I try to install Steam, there would be an error that says:
The ‘Creating the Steam bottle’ task failed.
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'Steam' bottle in '/Users/deletelater/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Steam

When I pressed retry, there would be another error that says:
The ‘Creating the Steam bottle’ task failed.
cxbottle:error: the 'Steam' bottle already exists

Then, when I skipped the step, after a while, there would be an error that says:
The ‘<cxaiemisc.AIEPreAssoc object at 0x119649e20>’ task failed.
cxassoc:error: an error occurred while scanning the Windows associations

How can I fix this?

Hi there,

Are you running any anti-virus or CleanMyMac? If not, then Private Relay might be the issue.

Best,
Meredith

I tried running it with CleanMyMac off, but it still shows the same messages. And, I don't have Private Relay on because I am on Mojave.

CleanMyMac has unfortunately already removed files that CrossOver needs to function. Please fully install CrossOver (https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall) then reinstall with CleanMyMac off.

Best,
Meredith

Hi
Avast's file agent can also delete Crossover's files when you try to install it or create a bottle so if you have it, either deactivate it when installing or better, create an exception.
Riki

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1ZlSktkV1k3N3doNVBieCIsImdkcHIiOjB9