CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Moving a crossover bottle to a new computer

How do I move my CrossOver programs from my old Mac computer to my new Mac computer? Where are the various parts located? Can I transfer them to regular Wine bottles without CrossOver?

Hi Phil
Go to Manage Bottles Click on the Advanced tab and then click Make Archive. Move the Archive file to your new computer and launch Crossover from Manage Bottles click ad from Archive select the archive file and your done.

Thanks, but what if the old computer is corrupt, so all I have is the backup of the directory/repository/hard drive?
How can I start up a new CrossOver installation on a new computer with information from the backup drive?

To follow up on this one...

I have found the old bottle in my backup archive. I have copied it to my new computer, but now I discover a new challenging task: my bottle is a couple of months old, and the CrossOver Application is the most recent 14.0.3.

Now the bottle from an older CrossOver version wont start in the newest CrossOver. How do I make the bottle up-to-date with the current CrossOver version? I have tried "Clear and Rebuild" but it doesn't help... I can't find any other menu option, what have I missed?

Thanks in advance!

If the bottle is only a few months old you should be able to add it to ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles and the next time you launch Crossover it'll be scanned and added.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlBuc2VORmI5NGtaVW1CUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9