CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to get Quake Live to run

The game almost runs. It starts up and as soon as this little pop up window in the bottom right hand corner of the screen goes away the game goes black.

Here's a fix that was posted here earlier: http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316847032

I get to the last couple of steps and get stopped by not being able to get the properties from the Wine Explorer window.

The directions for the fix asks you to click on the quakelive_steam.exe and get it's properties window up to tick off two
boxes. That's just not happening.

Is this an issue with Wine Explorer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

There's not really the same settings in Crossover. Steam will automatically create a Windows XP bottle and install into that, but there's no real Win98 compatibility mode or administrator privileges that can be changed in Crossover.

Did you try installing by choosing the Quake Live entry in Install Software or clicking the green Install button on https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=5827

Thanks for the reply...

I already have an installation of Quake Live - the old stand alone version - that doesn't work by iDs hand. I did use CrossTie green button to install both Steam and the old QL.

I do understand what you are saying about the admin privileges. Bootcamp here I come. :)

Had the same problem, you need to disable the steam ingame overlay, then you should be able to see QL.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHB1eEFIRk5BeEZMRmd2UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9