CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

mailwasher pro vs 7 - any successes?

Mailwasher is a most excellent screen against unwanted emails. Written for windows. I had vs 6.54 and then a much-improved vs 7 running on my (dying) Win XP box. I have migrated myself to an iMac running first Mavericks and now Yosemite.

I have succeeded in getting Mailwasher Pro vs 6.54 running, somewhat erratically, under Crossover for Mac 13.2 and 14.

I fail when I try to install Mailwasher Pro vs 7. Lots of installation error warnings (mostly to do with .NET I think) and the program itself tries to run, gets into the splash screen, then reports a fatal error. BTW I used the Crossover-provided Mailwasher Tie.

I don't necessarily expect a diagnosis/debug from this brief outline of my difficulties, but I wonder if anyone out there has been able to install Mailwasher Pro vs 7 using Crossover on a Mac?

All advice gratefully received.

David

I tried to get it installed and running in Crossover 14.0.1 but no dice. Program always crashed on startup. No doubt some sort of regression. I'd revert to Crossover 13.2 and try again in the next major update to Crossover - probably out in January - and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for those comments, Andrew. I will certainly try MailWasher Pro Version 7 again when there is a new major release of Crossover.

For now, I shall be reverting to Crossover 13.2 anyway, because of another indispensible piece of software which now fails on version 14.

I did briefly try running two versions of Crossover in parallel, but everything (and I) got very confused. I am even having trouble with 13.2 after deleting 14.0, so I think I shall have to uninstall all and reinstall 13.2 from scratch.

Does there exist a guide to Crossover which explains the mechanics a bit? I'd love to investigate why some of my attempts are failing, but I am insufficiently informed ...

Thanks again. David

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0V5UDNLVnZ1YXdRQkV6QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9