CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Have I installed it correctly?

I have recently moved from Windows to Mac. I still to use one Windows program - Serif WebPlus X7 (WPX7). I stumbled into Crossover and think it might be the app I am looking for. I looked for WPX7 under 'What Runs', but it is not there.

I downloaded Crossover trial and checked 'Community Supported Programs' but it was not listed. So I tried installing WPX7 from the "Other' using 'Installer Folder'. I selected the folder with the program installation .exe file and ran it. It unpacked the files but then autorun.exe 'encountered a serious problem and had to close'. Crossover continued installing the program and reported that the installation was complete. I did not have high expectations that it would open but continued.

Clicking on the WPX7 bottle produced an error message saying there was 'no Windows program configured to this type of file'. I tried using the Run Command which opened a dialog which asked for a command. I assume this is the usual .exe file which is webplus.exe but produced the same error message 'no Windows program configured to this type of file'. Using the browse option produced no likely looking .exe file. I assume it has not installed in any useful way and is not going to work.

QUESTION Have I tried to install WPX7 correctly or did I miss something?

Many thanks

RPJ
MacBookPro
15-inch, Mid 2012
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

I played with their "starter" version and that one needs .NET 2.0, MS Visual C++ 2010 redistributable package. For some reason the installation would crash. I installed IE 7 in the same bottle. Now it does not crash, exactly... it just does not want to go further. Complains about some action not being permitted and offers me the option to exit the installer.

My guess is that it probably won't work :/

I just received this email from Crossover:

[i]CodeWeavers CrossOver Compatibility Center (C4)
This is a notice that the application you submitted
has been accepted into the C4 database.

Details:
Application Name: WebPlus X7
Link: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=13316
[/i]

I followed the link to a page which says:

[i]No CrossTie is available to automate the installation of WebPlus X7.
Please see our walkthrough on how you can try manually installing.[/i]

There is a 'How to Install' video on the page which tells me to do exactly what I tried to do before (see previous post)
In short nothing has changed and I am exactly where I was before.

Question:
What does it mean to be 'accepted' onto the database?

if it's been 'accepted' - then when someone "searches the database" for that application,
then they will "find it".

if you uploaded a screen_shot - then they will find that too.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0xxdVFCSkt6cHB6S3ZWdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9