CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Drives keep coming back even after I removed them. And removing z: -> / prevents control panels being displayed.

CrossOver 14.0.3 on OS X 10.10.2. When I create a new bottle it has a number of Windows 'drives' that map to mounted volumes or other locations on my Mac that I just do not want to be accessible to the 'Windows' environment. If I remove these drives using 'wine cfg', or if I manually remove the symlinks using 'rm -f' then when CrossOver is started the next time it just re-creates them! How can I prevent this so it only retains drives that I actually want?

Here is an example:

chris@glorfindel:dosdevices$ pwd
/Users/chris/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MB/dosdevices
chris@glorfindel:dosdevices$ ls -l
total 88
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 10 17 Dec 18:26 c: -> ../drive_c
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 38 17 Dec 18:43 d: -> /Volumes/NAS/Media Library/Audio/Music
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 12 18 Dec 13:32 e: -> /Volumes/VMs
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 13 18 Dec 13:32 e:: -> /dev/rdisk6s2
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 13 18 Dec 13:32 f:: -> /dev/rdisk6s1
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 17 18 Dec 13:32 g: -> /Volumes/SecureSD
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 11 18 Dec 13:32 g:: -> /dev/rdisk5
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 13 18 Dec 13:32 h:: -> /dev/rdisk3s1
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 13 18 Dec 13:32 i:: -> /dev/rdisk3s3
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 12 17 Dec 18:26 y: -> /Users/chris
lrwxr-xr-x 1 chris staff 1 17 Dec 18:26 z: -> /

Of these, I only want c:, d: and y: If I remove the others then whenCrossOver is restarted they all re-appear ☹️

On a related note, if one removes the mapping for z: -> / then the bottle no longer shows any of its control panels. That seems like a bug?

I know Z: needs to stay there for Crossover to work right. I'm not sure if you can force Crossover not to autogenerate drive letters for removal disks, have to check on that.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHVUS2hrZEVOV2tQWUVBMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9