CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Path for Steam game mods not appearing (KOTOR2)

I very recently purchased Crossover. I tried the trial version in order to install some mods on my Mac version of KOTOR1 on Steam and it worked perfectly. Decided to buy the full version of the product. Got the Windows version of Steam installed, purchased KOTOR2, tested it out, works perfectly. Awesome.

Anybody who knows about KOTOR2 of course, knows about the cut content that really makes the game shine. Naturally, I decided I wanted said content. I found the mod here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/398-tslrcm-183/ and thankfully they provide excellent instructions. I download the mod, use Crossover, it asks me where I want to download the mod to. It gives me this option as the default: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\ As that is one of the locations listed in the mod instructions, I happily choose that one. It downloads just fine, I start up the game. If the mod installed correctly, the title screen should be completely different.

Its not.

I look at the install options again on the website. It says that for the steam copy you should put it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\ Sounds good. I remove the old copy of the mod (It appeared in the Steam folder but not in the KOTOR2 folder), instead of choosing default I click "Browse". That is where I start to have a problem. I have the C Drive. I have Program Files. I don't have a Steam folder. I have Lucas Arts folder and then SWKotOR2 just like in the default setting. I poke around a bit: no Steam folder anywhere in the C Drive. I have the Program Files branch which leads me to the old location and not much else, or I have the Users branch which leads me to a Crossover folder and a Public folder but there is no Steam in either one. The Windows branch is even less helpful.

I went back one step to the default or browse section, clear out the default option for the destination and copy + paste in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\ then click Next. It happily installs. I open KOTOR2: no change.

I go back to my ~/library folder, pull up the KOTOR2 folder and check its folder path. It says Macintosh HD -> Users -> (My Name) -> Library -> Application Support -> CrossOver -> Bottles -> Steam -> drive_c -> Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common

I know from my experience with my Mac copy of KOTOR1 that steamapps -> common is what I'm looking for. However, I can only find that under the "/" drive within Crossover when working with the KOTOR2 mod, and in there it only shows my Mac games/my Mac version of Steam. With the KOTOR2 mod I can only get as far as drive_c -> Program Files before hitting a wall.

I've also tried installing the mod to the default path, taking the folder, and manually moving it to the KOTOR2 folder. No dice. I tried putting in the Overdrive folder and I've tried copy + pasting a version of the dialog.tlk file like I had to do with the KOTOR1 mods. Still no change.

Does anybody know what I'm missing here?

You need to run the mod installer in the same bottle where the game was installed.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidm14S3hnZjVtcVM0ZjJXQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9