CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Mac 13.1.3 not returning all files in TFileListBox in Delphi

I found a way to program around this issue so this is not critical for me, but just in case this is helpful:

In a Delphi application with the FileListBox component was not returning all files. When the application runs within CrossOverMac the maximum number of files that can be retrieved is limited to some number and unfortunately I did not make good notes about what that limit is. I discovered this in September, 2014 and am just now notifying you.

If you need more details I can make a little test program to demonstrate this. Again, it is not important to me because in my application I was able to program around it.

Thanks for the report! Do you have a small stand-alone test program that shows this issue? I don't have Delphi available here and pretty much no experience with it ☹️ .

In Delphi all you do is place a TFileListBox component on a form. The mask property should be ".' to show all files in the folder. You can place a button on the form and on the On Click event of the button display the number of items in the FileListBox. (The Delph code can be: "MessageDlg(IntToStr(FileListbox1.items.count,mtInformation,[mbOK],0));") If there are 10,000 files in the folder, my memory is that only the first 1,024 files are shown.

I am not sure what API calls FileListBox is a wrapper for, but perhaps similar behavior will be obtained with other languages that have a similar component to put all names of files in a folder in a list box.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTRzRXR2d0x0c0dxcEV1aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9