CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How can I uninstall this mess?

all my files now have a c:drive folders inside them as if the whole system has been trying to run on windows, i want this completely removed from my system how can i return everything back to normal?

We have an FAQ about removing CrossOver from your Mac here:

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall

When you say "all <your> files now have a c: drive" I am not sure where you are seeing references to the c: drives created by CrossOver. CrossOver's c: drives are only created inside your ~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver directory. (That is one of the directories which the FAQ tells you how to remove, so it and all of the c: drive contents inside will be gone if you follow those steps). As I say, you may be seeing references to the c: drives elsewhere (I cannot tell where, from your description), but you do not need to worry that they are scattered about the rest of your disk.

well they are scattered about the rest of my disk... so how the hell do i remove them so that when i look through an app that should be mac os, it won't list a c drive as one of the folders which has the app info linked in it.

i deleted all those files the FAQ said to remove. it didn't do anything really.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieTlSWHdrN1NHQnZONFRYSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9