CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I am about to give up, please help...

I am using Yosemite. The documentation online seems to be old and not to date. Anyway, I have downloaded Crossover (Trial) for the n times to try to start from fresh. This is my first screen.

/Users/bal/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 16.27.00.pdf

When I select an application (Microsoft Vision 2010 in my case) and select for an installer (click or double click), this is the screen that I have, only files from Finder that have nothing to do with a Windows directory.

/Users/bal/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 16.29.35.pdf

What's happening here. Sorry if I am a bit frustrated.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Bernard

When Crossover is asking you to Select an Installer it is asking you to give the file you would use to install Visio on a Windows computer. This is typically either the CD or the .exe file that you have downloaded from the developer's website. So you still need to provide your copy of Visio so that Crossover can install it.

Also the screenshots in your message are not uploaded on the internet so unfortunately I can't see what you are seeing here.

Thanks
Vince

Sorry about the original message, I am trying to insert the screen shots in here but it seems that I can only insert URLs... Any ways to insert the real pictures?

Try uploading them to imgur or somewhere similar and then putting the links here.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU2ZYZnBHSFdVRXdUNmZXaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9