CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Program Crash

I don't know if this problem is related to the recent update (14.1.11 from 14.1.10) or a hardware change (much bigger screen so bigger windows). The application is WaveCOrrector - not supported bu I have been running it for years on Crossover without problem. Suddenly the program crashes as soon as I select any menu item. The Program Error Details remains blank (Loading detailed information, please wait... for ever) and the only way to shut it down is to Force Quit Crossover itself. The Crossover menus are responsive but there are no options to just kill that one bottle.

Do you have any suggestions how to proceed. I have tried reverting the version of Crossover from Time Machine backup and also reverted the contents of ~/applications/CrossOver but don't know how complete the reversions was. It didn't fix the problem. I have not tried re-installing the application yet.

You could try downloading Crossover 14.1.10 again from the My Downloads section of our website and install that over your current version to see if that fixes the issue.

You may also want to try reinstalling the app into a new bottle and see if that fixes it as well.

Thanks
Vince.

Thanks. It looks like reinstalling the application into a new bottle solved the problem and after the upgrade to 14.1.11 it is still ok. I have also discovered that finding task manager and killing the process from there was effective but rather dismayed by the lack of diagnostic information

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2NhODhDdHJlWm5zNkYybSIsImdkcHIiOjB9