CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

shortcuts on Mac?

Hi there-I'm trying to run Half Life and/or Gunman Chronicles,. The game itself runs fine, but....
it tells me that in order to acess dev mode, I have to add a certain shortcut to the .exe file (which in this case is gunman.exe)
to get it to work okay. It also talks about the command line. I've tried getting it setup with the run command with no luck at all, from the appropriate icon in that game's bottle

any help appreciated

thanks

John B

I thought you enabled console in the game under Options>Keyboard>Advanced https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Developer_Console

Developer mode and accessing the console are different. And if these are retail versions of the games, -console (I believe) was required at some point.

The run command is picky. The option needs to be added after the executable that's in quotes. So the "Running:" text field might look like...

"/Users/fallen/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/autoit-v3-setup.exe/drive_c/Program Files/Notepad++/notepad++.exe" candycorn
(That will tell my installation of Notepad++ in the autoit-v3-setup.exe bottle to open the file called candycorn... and it works in CrossOver.)

So you should be able to do:

"WHEREVER_YOUR_BOTTLE_IS/drive_c/WHEREVER_YOUR_EXECUTABLE_IS" -dev instead of my example ^^

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQXZaVzV4M3dhYTc2Yk5VOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9