CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

World Of Subways 3 - I can't understand...

Hi all, I'm new to Crossover so - as a "rookie" - maybe the trouble I'm having with it it'll be simple to solve... I was looking at this tutorial around here on the site - https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-subways-3/install-world-of-subways-3-steam-version - to install correctly WoS from Steam 3 but I can't go beyond this point:

[u][Download the 4GB patch from here http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php. The Wos3.exe file needs to be patched otherwise most missions will crash and only very low quality graphics settings can be used otherwise. To apply the patch put the WoS3.exe and 4gb_patch.exe files into the newly created game bottle in the root directory (i.e. not in any folders). Make a note of the original location of the WoS3.exe file. Use Crossover's 'Run Command' option and click 'Run shell' (no file path is needed). Terminal will open and run a script. When this has finished type the following and press return after each entry.

wine cmd
start 4gb_patch.exe WoS3.exe
[/u]]

The thing is, when I enter 'Run Command' option I can't find "Run Shell" anywhere, so no Terminal will open.

Please give me a little help, I bought this game 3 years ago just before moving to iOS and I have never been able to play it
😭 😭 😭

paulparrot wrote:

Hi all, I'm new to Crossover so - as a "rookie" - maybe the trouble
I'm having with it it'll be simple to solve... I was looking at this
tutorial around here on the site -
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-subways-3/install-world-of-subways-3-steam-version

• to install correctly WoS from Steam 3 but I can't go beyond this
    point:

[u][Download the 4GB patch from here
http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php. The Wos3.exe file needs to be
patched otherwise most missions will crash and only very low quality
graphics settings can be used otherwise. To apply the patch put the
WoS3.exe and 4gb_patch.exe files into the newly created game bottle
in the root directory (i.e. not in any folders). Make a note of the
original location of the WoS3.exe file. Use Crossover's 'Run
Command' option and click 'Run shell' (no file path is needed).
Terminal will open and run a script. When this has finished type the
following and press return after each entry.

wine cmd
start 4gb_patch.exe WoS3.exe
[/u]]

The thing is, when I enter 'Run Command' option I can't find "Run
Shell" anywhere, so no Terminal will open.

Please give me a little help, I bought this game 3 years ago just
before moving to iOS and I have never been able to play it
😭 😭 😭

Try just choosing Run Command. Then navigate to Program Folder. Locate your patch; select it and run it.

It doesn't work, it says "couldn't open executable"

The fact is, I don't have any "run shell" or "open shell" option when I open "Run Command".. I really don't know what do, if I open WoS.exe directly from "Run Command" the game starts and makes me select a mission or a schedule, but It crashes while is loading... I really don't know what to do 😭 😭

Crossover have removed the 'open shell' option now. There is a work around though. Firstly make a copy of the original WoS3.exe file just in case. Download CFF Explorer (It downloads as ExploerSuite.exe.) from the NTcore website.
http://ntcore.com/exsuite.php
I used the multi platform version. Put it in your World of Subways bottle and run it using Crossovers 'Run Command' option. It will then install Explorer Suite (defaults to Program Files\NTCore\Explorer Suite folder path in the bottle). Now run the CFF Explorer.exe program. Click the 'Load' icon and select your WoS3.exe file (normally Program Files\TML-Studios\World of Subways Vol 3\Bin).
Click 'File Header' on the left hand side and click the 'Click Here' on the right hand side. It opens up a dialogue, tick the 'App can handle>2gb address space' and then 'OK'.
Make sure you save the changes (you can overwrite the original if you have a backup), then Quit CFF Explorer. This is easier than it used to be with the 'run shell' option.

You should be able to run World of Subways now.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOW1FUW42NlJrSEcycVJReCIsImdkcHIiOjB9