CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HTML Help Workshop - hhw.exe won't run

Hello all,

I've created a bottle for Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop software, but the executable "hhw.exe" won't run. When I double-click its launcher, the application simply closes down after a couple of seconds and nothing is displayed.

I've enabled logging and after analysing the log file I can see the following entry:
0028:err:module:import_dll Library MFC40.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\HTML Help Workshop\\hhw.exe") not found
How can I get this DLL and install it into my bottle? Or is this error indicative of some other problem?

The version of OS and software that I'm using:

• Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • CrossOver 16.1.0.30199
  • HTML Help Workshop 1.32

Any advice/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Ron.

Hello all,

The missing library file MFC40.DLL was indeed the problem. I downloaded the library from DLL-Files.com and copied it into "C:\Windows\System32" in my HTML Help bottle.

Now, when I launch "hhw.exe", the program works fine and the GUI is displayed.

Cheers,
Ron.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVJOSmRRY3N2cnVmQXZ2dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9