CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Enabling TLS 1.2 in a Win7 bottle (or getting the Quicken CrossTie to build a Win10 bottle)

OK, I suspect this is going to get complicated, but here goes...

I'm running Crossover 18.5 for Mac on a Sierra MBPro. I'm a Quicken for Windows '17 user. I used a CrossTie to set it up & the CrossTie creates a Win7 bottle.

About a week ago, my ability to connect to one particular Financial Institution broke & has not been restored, despite multiple attempts at resolving the issue. If you're familiar with Quicken, I've even tried creating a brand new Quicken file & re-instantiating the account from scratch, all to no avail.

The financial institution's Support tells me the issue is on the Quicken side & Quicken Support tells me that it's on the FI side. But Quicken did at least give me something to review that doesn't seem to be easy in Crossover. I can't find a GUI for it in Crossover.

Quicken Support said I need to look at my Control Panel, Internet Security setting (Advanced) for TLS 1.2. If I run Q on a Windows virtual machine where I can see that TLS 1.2 is enabled, I can connect to the FI. My research into TLS 1.2 & Win7 indicates that it's "available" in Win7, but not Enabled by default. MS didn't start enabling it by default until Win8.

So that I can test Quicken Support's hypothesis, can anyone guide me into enabling TLS 1.2 in my Win7 bottle?

If not, is there a way to get the CrossTie modified to install into a Win8 (or Win10) bottle, where TLS 1.2 might be enabled by default?

Here is the Quicken Support Article to which they directed me, written for a full Windows machine, not a Wine Bottle:
https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297

I have also been looking around how to find out if I use TLS 1.2 or how to set it when I use an application. That application manufacturer has notified me that soon is TLS 1.2 mandatory for the internet communication in the application. I have not found how I can find the settings in e.g. WineGecko/CrossOver Explorer replacement, but have not found it.
Anyway, I found this post in the WineHQ Forums, related to Linux, but might be useful for you. I will not test it myself, as my TLS 1.2 issue is a potential one that may come next weeks or months, or not at all.
Link to the TLS 1.2 for activate license of software Scrivener Post in WineHW Forum

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXJjd2ZDUlpjeVN4VWJ2RiIsImdkcHIiOjB9