CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

URL-scheme in browser

I use the application MyLifeOrganized.

Links like file:mlo://Y:\Documents\MyLifeOrganized\MyLife.ml?{A3B8AF50-19D4-41AC-B010-5192039EF908} in the application work correctly. I add a file: before the link to make it clickable

The same link in the terminal
ed$ wine winebrowser mlo://Y:\\Documents\\MyLifeOrganized\\MyLife.ml?{A3B8AF50-19D4-41AC-B010-5192039EF908} gives an error:
File not found: Y:%5CDocuments%5CMyLifeOrganized%5CMyLife.ml

This is a new installation of CrossOver 19. In a previous installation, received through update of CrossOver 18, links in terminal worked good. And without extra slash.

My goal is to configure the link mlo:// for Safari. But I could not configure to work it even in the built-in wine browser :(

Update
Added drive M ~/Documents/MyLifeOrganized/ using Wine Configuration . Now the way to data file is M:\MyLife.ml. Command in terminal ed$ wine winebrowser mlo://M:\MyLife.ml?{A3B8AF50-19D4-41AC-B010-5192039EF908} works correctly. Without extra slash. Same as before.

During the installation of MyLifeOrganized, the new URLs "mlo" was created. With default application MyLifeOrganized.

Safari link mlo:// opens MyLifeOrganized with new empty data file.

Safari link mlo://M:\MyLife.ml?{A3B8AF50-19D4-41AC-B010-5192039EF908} gives an error:
Safari can't open ... because macOS doesn't recognise internet addresses starting with "mlo:"

Safari link mlo://view?M:\MyLife.ml opens MyLifeOrganized with error:
Unknown command line parameter: "M:%5CMyLife.ml"

Any ideas?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidWJrODhrYlp5cDNYWkc4ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9