CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Support for Vulkan via MoltenVK?

Hey all,

When going through the CrossOver 19 app, I noticed that there is a dylib for MoltenVK that is, according to an md5 hash, identical to the one that was used in the Mac port of Final Fantasy XIV. Noting this, I tried to use DXVK v1.5.1 on a 32-bit D3D9 game (The Sims 3) to see if I could improve performance on my less-than-stellar Radeon Pro 450. Unfortunately, after adding the library overrides, the game would crash when trying to use DXVK. My questions are:

1. Is the version of MoltenVK included in the CrossOver files actually used, or is it just dummied out until a later version?
  2. If the version of MoltenVK included is functional, since it's identical to the one used for Final Fantasy XIV, does it actually support D3D9 -> Vulkan, or is it only D3D11 -> Vulkan?
  3. If it does support D3D9 -> Vulkan, is it possible that wine32on64 is causing DXVK to not work? (I upgraded to Catalina without knowing it removed 32-bit support)

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUllLN3FNOUhCY1pYM3JwMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9