CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't move crosshair properly in games

Hi Folks
In pc building simulator and some other games I can't literally play some games with this issue it's unplayable.i'm using a m1 mba monterey 12.1 and crossover 21.1.I don't know that much about crossover and fixing gaming issues on Mac because it's new world to me.When I plug in a mouse it's same nothing changes.Y'all can take a look at what I'm saying in my YouTube video.
https://youtu.be/Y2WfmfGqAiQ

Hi there,

I am assuming that the mouse is moving erratically? That can be a macOS permissions issue. To potentially fix this, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then select "Accessibility." Under "Allow the apps below to control your computer", find Steam and make sure the box is checked. If it's already checked, go ahead and uncheck then recheck it. You'll need to restart Steam for your changes to take effect.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you so much man you are a legend.

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

I am assuming that the mouse is moving erratically? That can be a
macOS permissions issue. To potentially fix this, go to System
Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, then select
"Accessibility." Under "Allow the apps below to control your
computer", find Steam and make sure the box is checked. If it's
already checked, go ahead and uncheck then recheck it. You'll need
to restart Steam for your changes to take effect.

Best,
Meredith

Just wanted to note that I have been having the same issue in Ultrakill for a few months now, and this did not fix the issue. It's a 50/50 shot of whether or not the mouse will cause no movement at all, or if it will completely go crazy as shown in the video this other person above has shown. Any tips for that?

Ev D wrote:

Just wanted to note that I have been having the same issue in
Ultrakill for a few months now, and this did not fix the issue. It's
a 50/50 shot of whether or not the mouse will cause no movement at
all, or if it will completely go crazy as shown in the video this
other person above has shown. Any tips for that?

Hi there,

Setting the accessibility permissions worked well for me with Ultrakill, so I'm not quite sure what to tell you. I'm using the builtin trackpad/mouse on my MacBook Pro, so if you're using an external mouse, it's possible that could be the culprit?

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Ev D wrote:

Just wanted to note that I have been having the same issue in
Ultrakill for a few months now, and this did not fix the issue.
It's
a 50/50 shot of whether or not the mouse will cause no movement at
all, or if it will completely go crazy as shown in the video this
other person above has shown. Any tips for that?

Hi there,

Setting the accessibility permissions worked well for me with
Ultrakill, so I'm not quite sure what to tell you. I'm using the
builtin trackpad/mouse on my MacBook Pro, so if you're using an
external mouse, it's possible that could be the culprit?

Best,
Meredith

Did you test this on the first level? On the first level, the tutorial skip dialogue allows the mouse to work properly. On any other levels, it has issues. It’s a strange glitch, and I wonder if it has something to do with how Unity games grab the mouse cursor.

I did not try anything above the first level. Since setting the permissions definitely changed the behavior for the better with the first level, that means that whatever is going on with other levels is a different problem, and I don't know of any workarounds.

Best,
Meredith

Same problem for me in GTA5 social club. I tried the security accessible settings but it didn't work. I'm pressing home button in GTA5, and the social club menu is opening. But when it open, the mouse cursor is disappearing. I can not see the cursor... I tried edit the GTA5, steam, crossover apps' permissions in security settings. Uncheck and check again. But it doesn't work too.

Crossover 21.1 (Using default steam bottle)
Steam legal version. (GTA5 - 2545 build)

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1
M1 Macbook Pro 2020 16gb ram

Meredith Johnson wrote:

I did not try anything above the first level. Since setting the
permissions definitely changed the behavior for the better with the
first level, that means that whatever is going on with other levels
is a different problem, and I don't know of any workarounds.

Best,
Meredith

Hm. Bummer. That's too bad. Maybe I can try and contact the developer and report that issue to them.

I was able to work around this problem (sort of) in Ultrakill by doing this:

1) For the launch options in the game properties, use "-window-mode exclusive" (minus quotes)
2) After starting a level or dying, do alt-return to toggle windowed mode, then alt-return to toggle fullscreen again.

The mouse movement, while better than before, is still wrong compared to the first level and is not really playable. It does show that there's something wrong with the mouse grabbing though.

Rogarth wrote:

I was able to work around this problem (sort of) in Ultrakill by
doing this:

1) For the launch options in the game properties, use "-window-mode
exclusive" (minus quotes)
2) After starting a level or dying, do alt-return to toggle windowed
mode, then alt-return to toggle fullscreen again.

The mouse movement, while better than before, is still wrong
compared to the first level and is not really playable. It does
show that there's something wrong with the mouse grabbing though.

Something in either the newest update of Ultrakill or the newest Nightly download appears to have fixed the issue! I've only tried two levels, but both have correct mouse movement.

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVE01aEF4RnFDd0c3NW5GYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9