CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Your gpu does not support all features (CSM)...

"Your graphics hardware does not support all features (CSM) needed to run this game."

Apple MacBook Pro M1 Pro (16 core gpu)

Error I get when trying to run CS:GO. Haven't tried other games yet. On trial version of Crossover.
I think it is strange that the error lists "ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT" as the DriverName, when some websites lists the AMD equivalent GPU for the M1 Pro as Radeon RX 5500.

Answered by email from support:

"Thank you for writing us. If you're using an M1, then it will not work. As it turns out this is an issue that is seen only on the M1 macs and not on Intel. This is an Apple silicon translation issue to which we don't have an immediate work around or solution.

As far as a fix, only Apple can accomodate that mainly by issuing updates to Rosetta. I can file a bug for this and have have our devs forward it to Apple. However it is up to them what they regard as priority and if the issue will be addressed."

Also, why not just use the Mac Native version of CS:GO?

Ev D wrote:

Also, why not just use the Mac Native version of CS:GO?

I was just going to compare the native version to CS:GO running through Crossover to discover differences in performance. Once I saw the Steam GPU bug I thought this forum might have answers to why it's happening with M1.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEhCU3ZBV1hNN1R4Z2V5YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9