CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order & Squadrons questions

Hi! Having some issues with a couple of Star Wars games, and I was hoping the community might have answers:

1. Jedi Fallen Order, going through Origin, installs successfully and runs (initially) on my Intel Mac. But my Intel Mac lacks the necessary horsepower, apparently, and the game always hangs and crashes shortly into the first level. OK, fair enough.

I've seen that the game works on M1 Macs. But when I try to install it on my M1 Mac through Origin, the game downloads to 47% -- the download amount at which the game is supposedly playable -- and then tries to launch the game. I get an error message about how VC++ can't be initialized, and the game quits before it can install. I've downloaded and installed the latest x86 version of the Visual C++ runtime in the relevant bottle, but still, no dice.

When I try to open up Origin again and continue the install, it stops dead at 47%. Doesn't even try to download further. Is there some way I can at least force Origin to try to download the entire file before it tries to install the game? I'm just not understanding why it'd install on my Intel Mac but not on the M1.

1. This one's on me: Like a dummy, I got Star Wars: Squadrons without checking the compatibility database to realize it wouldn't run. Looks like the problem is the Easy Anti-Cheat software that runs a check before the game itself can run for the first time. I have no interest in cheating -- I don't need to play the game online. I just got it for the single-player campaign. I've seen tutorials online for ways to subtly mod, say, God of War to bypass certain error messages, and I've seen references to folks circumventing anti-cheat software in games like Halo: The Master Chief Collection to just play the games in single-player mode. Are there any tutorials floating around out there for how to do that in Squadrons?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnBKY0w1OVM2Q2EzcFlHVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9