CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Blue /bin folders appearing when launching an app?

Hi there, whenever I launch a Crossover app, I now get a series of blue folders, all called "bin" that don't do anything when I click on them.

Dozens appear, most ultimately disappear on their own, but there are always at least 4 when I'm running crossover.

Here's a photo:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s137/sh/c7a0e493-11bd-496d-8cb9-e29a7c5d07a9/4e295cfeab7dd6f9be64c15917c69561

Any ideas?

If this is happening with CrossOver 14, then we are unaware of it and would like to investigate further so we can fix it.

If you are running CrossOver 13 on OS X Yosemite, however, this is a known bug. Yosemite changed the behavior in this respect, and we had to alter CrossOver 14 to accommodate that.

I am indeed on 13, and apparently not entitled for an upgrade. Bummer.

Okay, thanks.

Why can't Crossover Mac update to 14?

Val

Valerie Garner wrote:

Why can't Crossover Mac update to 14?

Val

I am not sure what you mean. CrossOver version 14 is our latest release of CrossOver, and it is available for download on our web-site. You can download a free 14 day trial, or, if you need a license, purchase one. (If you have purchased CrossOver recently you will be able to upgrade for free).

Are you having difficulty upgrading CrossOver from version 13 to version 14, or did you have some other question?

It sounds like his license ran out, so he can't upgrade until he buys a new one, am I right?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHVOU1dhVEtXZG1UVUtYWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9