CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need Help -- Zoot XT Install Fails With MSIEXEC Error

I am trying to install a trial version of Zoot XT information manager ( http://www.zootsoftware.com/ftp/zoot_xt_setup_full.exe ) using the trial of Crossover on a MacBook

I choose to install as a Win7 application and all seems to go well until near the end when I get a long pop-up error box that seems to complain that a msiexec parameter is missing. I click on OK and the bottle (is that the right term?) shows up, and I can double-click the app icon. The Zoot icon appears briefly in the Mac's launchbar then disappears and the program does not launch.

I am new to Mac's and newer to Crossover so I would really appreciate some help in figuring out where I went wrong and how to install Zoot XT

[link=http://www.zootsoftware.com/ftp/zoot_xt_setup_full.exe][/link]

Rick

Hi Rick,

I was curious and needed a change of pace, so I tried that zoot. It is a visual basic piece of software, so you will need visual basic 6 runtime that you will find in the "Runtime Support Components", to be installed in the same bottle as Zoot. The relevant page of the Crossover manual is here.

That being said, once that is installed, I still can't get it to run. But it does do more than straight after installation. You should note that I'm on an Arch Linux computer, so the behaviour might be different on a Mac. Unfortunately, even after the VB6 runtime installation it doesn't run, and the debug log is sparse at best. So this is pretty much as far as I can go.

Installing VB6 is short process, so it's worth a try on your Mac as it might be enough.

Good Luck!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXdSclFiVGc3eENIR3hRNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9